CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

40 weeks pregnant...


I hit my due date yesterday when I firmly believed I wouldn't. See, I haven't gone to 40weeks since our 2nd baby. The other 4 arrived between 38 and 39 weeks. It is very sobering when things don't go as you believe they should. God has His own timing when it comes to precious babies.




I admit to being tired, achy and frustrated. I want to cuddle and nurse this little heaven sent angel. For me I am ready. Now I wait until she is ready. She will come. She will not live inside me forever. I know all this. Still, I am anxious.


I feel her squirm because her living quarters are to small for the acrobatics she once did. With each little squirm the thought of her getting bigger and bigger as each day passes brings a little bit of fear. I've never had a 9+ lb baby. My largest babies were #3 and #4 who both weighed 8lb 6 oz and they arrived at 39 weeks! I have never had a small baby. My smallest was 7lb 9oz...that was my first. The rest have been bigger...8+ lb. After the first 2 weeks my babies look like infants. The newborn stage doesn't last long in our home. I think that is why I have always longed for more babies. I love babies. I love the newborn stage. I always feel cheated that it is so short lived here in our home. I will certainly treasure each day of the newborn stage I have with this Little Lady...


Now, I pray for her arrival to be soon...if it be the Lord's will.





3 comments:

Jess Connell said...

Michelle,
Hope things go well with your delivery and that it is SOON. You look adorable.

Jess (MakingHome on SL)

Jules said...

Still praying for you dear one!

Ana said...

i was looking for 40+5 moms and i found your post from last year. awww im feeling the same things that you were feeling in june 30.
the good part is that now i can see that you had your baby one day after that post. i hope my baby decides to come out on 40+6 too.

anita